Chaps, we're back with another blog post, try to remember as many as you can!
1. Find the perfect fit for your suits and stay by it. A suit that fit’s will last for much longer than one that isn’t, and as a bonus it can stay in fashion.
2. For the novices out there, pack your wardrobe with the basics. A navy suit, some white/light blue shirts and possibly a pair of chinos, there all so versatile they can be used for formal or informal occasions.
3. Go for quality over quantity, stock your wardrobe with high-quality clothing and you won’t need to repetitively stock up due to discolouration, shrinkage and wear.
4. There’s nothing wrong with grooming. Visiting the local barber regularly, and keeping your facial hair looking neat is an easy yet effective routine in any Gentlemen’s handbook.
5. Don’t get me wrong, KEEP YOUR PERSONAL STYLE. But please dress appropriately for the occasion, whether it’s for an average day at work, an important meeting, an annual conference or just simply a few drinks afterwards.
6. Use the brighter colours for special events, or whilst on holiday. Keep your more muted colours for work as they flatter naturally whilst keeping a professional look.
7. Take care of your suits. Polish, and dry-clean. High quality garments require upkeep. Your shoes must be polished, steam your shirts and your suits dry-cleaned.
8. Touch up your look with accessories to add personality to your attire. Don’t go overboard, but a watch can add some real etiquette to a formal occasion, and flashiness to a casual event.
9. Make sure the shoulders fit. The first thing you should do when trying on a suit, whether it be off the rack, or from the hand of your tailor is to make sure the shoulders of the suit fit perfectly.
10. Everything you wear, remember to feel comfortable, as this will naturally exuberate confidence. Nobody can tell you what you like, but remember to listen out for tips as they may help you out in the long run.
Remember some, if not all of these rules and you will definitely up your garment game.
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or alternatively subscribe to our website for more blogs and upcoming products!